Just a few short months ago Friday Five was a weekly feature at Crackerjacks. Each week I’d share 5 fantasy baseball links that I thought were interesting or informative.
I got busy is the only excuse I have. I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to have a Friday Five ready to go each friday, but I have one today. Do I make you happy?
- The same day I wrote a player profile for Salvador Perez, I saw one from Ray Flowers. I’m quite bullish on Perez, whereas Ray doesn’t seem to like him as a fantasy catcher to target. It’s fair to share both sides of the argument, and you can make your own decision going into the 2013 draft.
- It’s past time to think about league discipline, by gosh! I ran across LeagueSafe. I haven’t used it, but thought it was interesting. Do you need a 3rd party to hold your fantasy baseball league fees, then distribute payouts? That’s what LeagueSafe does. And if you have a bitter league dispute you can send it in to the Dear Mr. Fantasy Baseball Podcast because starting in March they’ll be running a segment called “Fantasy Judgment”. People can send in their league disputes and the Doctor and I will weigh in with our opinions. Then, we will ‘open the envelope’ which reveals the official decision from Michael Stein at Fantasy Judgment. His ruling will be final and can be used by the league in question. Some cool stuff to keep down the drama.
- Any Cubs fane out there? Obstructed View gives their thoughts on Baseball America’s top ten prospects in the Chicago Cubs organization. I didn’t see Shawon Dunston anywhere on the list.
- Fangraphs just wrote about picking your fantasy baseball projection system. I’ve written about this very thing a couple times. Read them all as the different perspectives will give you greater wisdom going into the draft.
- I missed this when it was first posted, but better late than never. A profile of Homer Bailey and thoughts on if he has any upside left.
There you go. The links are all over the place, but I hope they give you a good fantasy baseball distraction this Friday.